Phenix Technologies Resonant Test Systems offer significant advantages to standard AC test systems where the load is largely capacitive with low loss such as power cables, gas-insulated switch gear, generator windings, and dry testing of insulator strings.
- AC High Potential testing providing higher current than traditional AC transformers
- Perform GIL/GIS, Cable, Transformer, Motor, Generator high potential testing
- Variable Frequency systems for on-site/field testing
- Ratings from 25 kV to over 1 million Volts, 50 or 60 Hz
- Variable Frequency from 20 to 300 Hz or Variable Inductance systems
- High Q ratings for low input current requirements Basic or advanced computerized control options
- Dead tank and insulated cylinder designs Series and parallel configurations
- Stand-alone, skid-mounted, and truck-mounted Systems for laboratory use and outdoor applications
- Variable Inductance Resonant Test Systems utilize a variable reactor to tune the system to the load capacitance creating a resonance circuit. This provides a test circuit at line frequency, i.e. 50 or 60 Hz.
- Tank style models are available up to approximately 400 kV and cascade styles up to 2,000 kV.
- Various power ratings are available to suite practically any application
Download our brochure
- Variable Frequency Resonant Test Systems vary the output frequency to tune the system to the load capacitance creating a resonance circuit.
- Output frequency is typically in the range of 30 to 300 Hz.
- Systems utilize a 3-phase input and have a larger tuning range than variable inductance test sets. Because they are smaller in size than other systems, the variable frequency resonant design is ideal for commissioning tests of GIS and cable.
- Variable frequency test sets allow performance of tests within a frequency range close to power frequency.
- The relatively low testing power required, compared to conventional non-compensated test sets, and the ability to make a direct comparison of the factory and field tests, favors the Variable Frequency Resonant Test System as the most practical on-site test system.
for detailed specifications on Variable Frequency Test Systems for On-Site GIS Testing.
By completing and submitting our Application Questionnaire, your Phenix Technologies sales representative can determine the optimum test system to meet your needs.
Download our brochure
on the AC Resonant Test Systems Phenix Technologies offers.
The Phenix Technologies Advantage:
- Software Programs providing remote control, data acquisition, automation capabilities, and more for more demanding applications
- Customization options to meet your exact needs
- Innovative solutions for any project
- Optimum safety features
- Over 40+ years' experience
- ISO 9001 Quality Compliant ensures the highest in-house quality controls in both the design and manufacturing process
- Superior reliability and versatility for years of extended service life Longest Warranty in the industry
Click to View Full Image